I was listening to a radio program the other day and they were talking about things that make you cry. Not necessarily things that make you SAD and cry ... more so the things that touch your heart or touch an emotion inside of you ... and the next thing you know ... a tear is coming down your cheek.
It got me to thinking about the things that make me cry. Here is my list ...
- Singing Silent Night in the church on Christmas Eve. It never fails. I cannot get through it without a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. It always manages to move me.
- Hearing the kids say their first Hail Mary and Our Father prayers. Those kids repeating and concentrating the prayer, the little voices, the big open eyes and the pure, innocent and open heart. I never tire of hearing them pray.
- First steps. At first from joy, then from terror!
- The Biggest Loser. I SWEAR I cry every week at some point. Everyone has a story and everyone is so worthy. I just am always pulling for people! Hearing their story never fails to pull my heart strings.
- The losing team at the Super Bowl. I know, I know, SOMEONE has to lose! I hate that. I see those grown men on the sidelines and just feel so sad for them. I cry nearly every year!
- Watching my children comfort one another. (it just happened 3 seconds before typing this ... Noah bumped his head, Luke rushed to his side and they hugged!) It melts my heart.
Those are just a few of mine. What makes YOU cry? An unauthorized share from my husband ... he always chokes up at the beginning of a football game or sporting event when the fighter jets fly over at the end of the National Anthem. :)
What can I say, are we just both a couple of saps? Or does this happen to you too?