When God was picking Moms and Daughters to pair up for an adventure together in the world, he sure gave me THE VERY BEST ONE (don't be jealous!). I bet she didn't feel that energy and love at the time she found out about me ... she was rather young. But today, I'm going to give her TEN reasons (as if there are only 10!) why I'm SO SUPER THANKFUL for her! :)
1. She is adorable. And energetic and spirited and fun and amazing. The energy she brings to life and adventure is contagious and she kindly passed the gene to me (I say humbly). Her glass is always half full and I LOVE that about her.
2. She is helpful. She jumps right in with both feet. I was just reflecting today that this fall wasn't as hard for me as last fall with the school transition. And then I remembered MY MOM. She helped so much that weekend before school started ... labeled everything, transitioned clothes, helps me figure out what went where. All of it. I really think her help, eased my pain. THANK YOU MOM for being helpful. (She's also been known to be a little laundry fairy and if a load happens to be clean and dryit miraculously gets folded! I ADORE the laundry fairy! And we fold the same way, BONUS!)
3. She is a DYNAMITE Grammy. She has seemingly boundless energy with them. Jumps into action with them without missing a beat and is FUN. She builds lego castles, jumps on trampolines and gives piggy back rides. (she reminds me of my own Gramma in these ways ... and hopefully she passes this gene down too!)
4. She is a great multi-tasker. Like seriously, the best. I think I got this from her as well but she is BETTER than me. She juggles so many balls at once and I'm in awe of her. For my entire life she was a working mom (still is!) and never NOT EVER do I remember her NOT being at something or NOT doing something? HOW DID SHE DO IT? (Burned her candle at both ends I suspect). My locker was decorated in High School for special events, she was at every performance I had and eagerly taking photos at all of my special events. I do not know how she did it. Did I mention she was also pregnant my Senior year of high school? She nursed that baby and nursed ME through my first ROUGH semester in college. MAJOR. The woman is amazing.
5. She's an awesome wife andis in an awesome marriage and perhaps, THAT is the best gift she could have ever given me (or us). The example is a living LOVING one right before my eyes and I knew to settle for NOTHING LESS THAN THIS. They continue to be fresh, fun and fabulous ... I love that.
6. My mom is loyal. She does what she says and says what she does. And she does it well. I hope I can do this too. :)
7. She is fiesty. And as she gets old she gets feistier. :) That must be where Noah gets it from! HA! I watched her get all fired up in Disney when it took F O R E V E R for our meal to be settled and paid for due to a bad waitress. It kinda made me giggle. Girlfriend stands her ground.
8. She is respectful and supportive. When I say this I am speaking specifically to being a Grandparent and supporting ME as a parent. I suspect as a Grandparent, you likely have your own set of feelings on "how things should be done" yet they respect what WE are doing and are kind and loving and also try to do things in that way. I ADMIRE that and feel grateful for their support. The truth is, I don't know what the hell I'm doing ... but WHO does? I respect that no one way is the RIGHT way ... there are many right ways and the number ONE thing in my book and my mom's is ... LOVE.
9. My mom has the best smile. (see great photo above on the merry-go-round!) Fortunately my siblings and I all got this from my mom. We are lucky!
10. She is the Dawn ... the first light ... the breaking day and the best friend a girl could ask for. Nothing feels as good as when its my mom and I cuddled up together on the couch chatting, giggling, catching up and talking. It feels warm and comfortable and like coming home. I'm so happy HAPPY that I not only have her for a mom, but a friend too.
Thanks mom for being AWESOME. The Disney trip was another amazing example of how lucky we are to have you in our lives. I hope you have recovered and know how deeply we adore you! :)