1. It's pretty bad when you sit down to write "ten on Tuesday" and think "oh crap. IS IT TUESDAY?"
2. Yesterday Bella had school. It was an 'add-in' day from missing 5 days for #frozentundrafreakweather and of course, it snowed buckets. However, we all turned a blind eye to the snow and forged ahead ... in 5 inches of non-snow-plowed roads ... to deliver our children to school. No worries though. I drive my mini like a Mac truck and was just fine. ;)
3. That same snow required "fun mom" to come out! My friend Josie and I bundled up our babes and headed to the local "snow pile." For those south of us ... we have such ridiculous amounts of snow here that there are MANY snow piles to be found ... some are bigger than buildings (local grocery stores!). Near our park is a BIG snow pile. We turned that snow pile into a sled hill and fort in no time at all.
4. We were pretty proud of ourselves (I was especially proud because I plowed my driveway as a surprise for Mike!) for our cool mom-ness despite being told we were "mean" and "never do anything fun."
5. Then we picked up our "Mom of the Year" awards! (In the form of Bailey's but shhhh, who's telling?!?) I jest. Still waiting for the ACTUAL AWARDS to show up ... I think it will be a long wait ...
6. Baby boys are great subjects for big sisters. Hair, check! Nails, check! Cute is spades? Check! Check!
7. Serious snow piles and Wii Mario Kart are saving me from Winter right now.
8. In 12 days ... I'll be heading to Santa Barbara for a one of a kind photo retreat!!!!! EEEeeeeeeeeeeK! You can read more about the awesome DEFINE SCHOOL HERE and read about the PHOTO FIELD TRIP HERE. I'm really REALLY excited to get a fresh perspective, learn from amazing talent and share s'mores with like minds. The timing is PERFECT and I am ready. Maybe MORE THAN ready.
9. I may have had an "accidental diet coke slip-up" today. However. It did NOT involve icy goodness. It DID involve a second can popping open and a LOT of guilt. This was my first slip up. I'm not even sure what caused it ... but I just could NOT HELP MYSELF.
10. Today, was Bella's 100th day of school.
100 days smarter that girl.