1. I saw The Fault in our Stars last night and cried a bucket of tears. I knew going into it I would be sad just based on the concept alone. (ie. Two cancer stricken teenagers meet in group therapy and fall in love). But I just didn't anticipate the depth the movie would have to it and how quickly things would resonate with me. The movie was beautiful but sometimes painful to watch ... or more so to think about as a person and especially, as a mother. The characters were fabulous and seeing the movie was a treat ... even though I seriously cried SO MANY TEARS that a) my bra was wet from them streaming down my face into my shirt and b) I had a headache from HOLDING back the full on BAWL session I wanted/needed to have!
2. One full week of summer under our belts and I'm alive, but not a happy camper. I'm holding strong trying to get through these first two weeks knowing that there is an ADJUSTMENT PHASE for all of us. You know, I'm adjusting to having these animals home 24/7 and OH, these animals fight ... LIKE ANIMALS. And don't get me started on my disaster of a house ... like I said ... holding strong for now. (strong means only a few mama eruptions, minimal drinking and I haven't run for the nearest Diet Coke fountain distributor yet!)
3. Speaking of. I'm 53 days Diet Coke free. FIFTY-THREE DAYS. There are moments when I yearn for it still. One was last night in the movie theater. It would have been awesome. But then again, it likely would have gotten all satly from that butt load of tears that came pouring out of my eyes! ;)
4. Trader Joe's Mango tea is my YUMMY SUMMER TREAT. It looks like this and I have NO IDEA why/how this is listed on Amazon but anyway. It's good. REAL good. A perfect summertime treat. I brew it in the morning and sweeten it a bit with honey and stevia then chill and serve over ice later. Awesome summer afternoon treat! :)
5. This is the summer of water balloons for some reason at my house. The kids are loving them and that means I do a lot of sitting at the hose and tying them. As much as I LOVE (not at all) doing that ... today at Wal-Mart I found a pump and tie device! This listing is from amazon b/c I couldn't find it but at Wal-Mart is was $9.98. BEST MONEY EVER SPENT. All of the kids can work it and it works great. I fill the canister with water then then pump the balloons with water and tie all themselves! WOOOOOOT! WIN WIN WIN. Worth every penny. Now ... WHO is going to come and pick up all of those busted balloon pieces all over my deck and lawn .... eh?